On This Episode:
- Welcome back to The SituAsian Room! We’re so excited to launch a new season with our hosts, Emilie Villaverde & Zach Ng. Tune in to Episode 1 of Season 2, where Em and Zach #DishItOut with some amazing cuisines and welcome Ryan Alexander Holmes, a rising content creator on TikTok, into #TheSituAsianRoom! Join them in a discussion about Ryan’s experiences being both Black and Asian, his search for identity and community, and more! Listen on YouTube, Soundcloud, or wherever else you tune in for your favorite podcasts!
Key Topics of the Episode:
- Just Like Media’s and Asian Podcast Network’s mission of Asian Storytelling
- Changing the denominator: why Asian American’s aren’t really a minority in the English podcasting space
- Self-identity and its relationship with American storytelling
- PBS Documentary: Asian Americans
- The importance of storytelling and history: Why Asian Americans have to take storytelling into our own hands
- The definition of leadership: authenticity
- Why mentorship and leadership are relative
- Jerry’s experience with University of Southern California Korean Students Association (mentorship, Vegas, “stupid stuff”, etc…)
- Jerry answers the “What do you want people to talk about at your funeral?” question when discussing legacy. You’re going to want to hear this for yourself.
Resources Mentioned, Suggested Readings, Social Media Handles:
Connect with Us:
- Thank you so much for tuning in to this episode of The SituAsian Room! Make sure you guys follow us on social media and stay up to date on all of our upcoming episodes:
Produced and Hosted by Emilie Villaverde and Zach Ng
Edited by Kyle Hudson
Music by Eway Sounds
A Crimson Planet Media Production
Distributed by KeystoneDigital.tv
Two young Asian Americans, Emilie and Zach, explore the issues inside the Asian American Pacific Islander community to bring awareness and education of AAPI topics and culture.