We miss our weekly West Chester Public Library storytime, and we know we aren’t the only ones! This month, the library is bringing the pages from Airlie Anderson’s, Cat’s Colors, to life across the Borough with the West Chester Public Library StoryWalk.
In this adorable picture book, Cat turns a very grey day into a chance to collect some colors. This book is a charming, deceptively simple story about making the most of the world around us, and giving something back in return.
You can find pages from the book and suggested activities in windows across Borough businesses (in the following order):
- West Chester Public Library, 415. N. Church St. (START)
- LeBerger Boutique, 125 N. Church St.
- County Seat Style Hair Salon and Barber Shop, 105. N. Church
- St. Malena’s Vintage Boutique, 101 W. Gay St.
- Slow Hand, 30 N. Church St.
- Yori’s Church Street Bakery, 15 N. Church St.
- La Baguette Magique, 202 W. Market St.
- Fulton Bank, 116 W. Market St.
- The Painted Plate, 104 W. Market St.
- Woman’s Exchange, 10 S. Church St.
- Church Street Gallery, 12 S. Church St.
- West Chester Barber Shop, 34 S. High St.
- Bryn Mawr Running Company, 24B S. High St.
- Eclat Chocolate, 24. S. High St.
- Gemelli-Artisanal Gelato & Dessert Café, 12 Market St. (FINISH!)
StoryWalk is presented by the West Chester Public Library and sponsored by the West Chester Business Improvement District (BID), with the support of West Chester Borough Mayor Dianne Herrin. Take a break from the screens and advantage of this mile-long, 45-minute walk until the end of the month.